In this accredited and prestigious programme you will gain:
- Skills and know-how in the latest and developing technologies in instrumentation, process control, and industrial automation
- Practical guidance and feedback from industrial automation experts from around the world
- Knowledge from the extensive experience of expert lecturers, rather than from just theoretical information
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- A valuable and accredited Bachelor of Science (Industrial Automation Engineering)** qualification
There is a critical global shortage of automation, instrumentation and control engineers due mainly to restructuring and rapid growth of new industries and technologies. The respected International Society of Automation (ISA) estimated that at least 15,000 new automation engineers are needed annually in the US alone. Many industrial automation businesses throughout the world comment on the difficulty in finding experienced automation engineers despite paying outstanding salaries.
The Bachelor of Science (Industrial Automation Engineering) perfectly addresses this gap in the Industrial Automation industry.
** A note regarding recognition of this programme in the Australian education system: EIT is the owner of this programme. The qualification is officially accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). EIT delivers this programme to students worldwide.
Course at a Glance
- Scheduled Start Date: June 22nd, 2020
- Code: BIA
- Course Length: 3 years full-time; up to 6 years part-time
- Course taught in English
- A Year 12 Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent for International Students), completed within the past 2 years, with adequate achievement in Maths (contact EIT for more details). Applicants who have completed Year 12 (or equivalent for International Students) more than 2 years ago will also need to show relevant work experience in the field of study applied for; OR
- A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering AQF Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree (or higher) with successful completion of all Maths units/modules; OR
- An overseas qualification equivalent to Point 2 above from a structured programme of learning that leads to the full or partial achievement of an officially accredited qualification undertaken at a tertiary institution such as a university, government technical college, or government-recognized private college (EIT assesses overseas qualifications using Australian Government guidelines to determine their comparability to qualifications); OR
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Completion with a minimum score of 24 including English and Maths completion; OR
- Foundation studies or bridging course completion in a relevant discipline with completion of Mathematics and English. e.g. Engineering enabling course; AND
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent for International Students); OR
- A specified level of achievement in a recognized English language test such as IELTS at a score of at least 6.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.5); or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
A Maths bridging test/exam (non-proctored/invigilated) needs to be completed by all Higher Education students during orientation week.
An English proficiency test must be completed by all Higher Education students studying on campus. This will be administered during orientation week.
International students who wish to study on campus in Australia will need to have a valid international student visa. For more information please complete the contact form available on this page.
All CRICOS applicants will be subject to a phone interview as a condition of their Letter of Offer (This is in addition to the English Language Proficiency requirements stated above).
Please note: meeting the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee entry to our programmes. Applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Prior Learning Recognition and Exemptions
EIT can give you credit for units where you can demonstrate substantial prior experience or educational background. An assessment fee may apply. If you wish to find out more please ask us for your copy of the policy for recognition of prior learning.
What makes this LIVE ONLINE programme truly innovative
- This engineering qualification is distinguished by its emphasis on useful, practical industry-orientated technology units combined with strong academic foundations closely aligned with the job market. It is a truly interactive online programme, drawing on features such as interactive live instruction and remote (cloud-based) laboratories.
- EIT’s existing industry-orientated programmes ensure that you have a continuous pathway (with viable exit or “rest” points) to a professional engineering level beginning with advanced diploma studies, through Bachelors of Science, to master’s degree level. You will be able to exit the pathway with a qualification.
- The flexibility of study load and duration, within programme rules. If you wish to reduce the study load then duration may extend up to a maximum of 6 years unless extenuating circumstances apply (illness, parenting responsibilities or similar).
- It is global in its reach. EIT’s current students join from over 100 countries.
- Students are supported by a dedicated Learning Support Officer in addition to the lecturers. This provides a single, consistent point of reference for students and intensive support to enhance the learning process. The Learning Support Officer acts as a mentor who will assist you to augment your potential throughout the programme and acts as a conduit for direct contact with the lecturers.
- Lecturers are drawn overwhelmingly from industry and are highly experienced engineers, as well as practised presenters.
- EIT has built strong linkages with industry over many years operating in the vocational sector. Flexible and dynamic development means that units will maintain currency with changing technology.
Benefits of Live Online Learning to Students
- Cost-effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Learning Support Officer for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into the international practice
Benefits of Live Online Learning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as a full-time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT programmes involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put the theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Learning Support Officer.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, EIT's online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
The practicals will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
This Bachelor's Degree is an academically accredited programme by the Australian Government agency Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia under the Sydney and Washington accords. This EIT degree is internationally recognized under the International Engineering Alliance (IEA) accords and the various signatories (http://www.ieagreements.org/accords/washington/signatories/).
"When I arrived in Australia, I was a little bit nervous about my studies but EIT provided a very good, friendly environment."
Amnolpreet Singh, India
"EIT has a different feel because it is a small community, so you have easy access to management. Any difficulties or challenges they are really there to help you with what you need."
Victor Onoja, Nigeria
אודות בית הספר
The key objective of the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is to provide an outstanding practical engineering and technology education; from Diplomas through to Masters Degrees. The finest eng ... קרא יותר